Thanks Jyothi Prakash for sharing. Congratulations to the all organizers.
Do share us some pics if they were taken.
Best wishes for all the future efforts for Assamese Wikipedia !
Wikimedia India Chapter.
On 2/3/2012 12:11 PM, JyotiPrakash Nath wrote:
Dear all Wikipedians,
Here is the Minutes of the First Assamese Wikipedia Meetup Guwahati on
Venue: Conference hall, Computer Science Department, Guwahati University
1. Started at 2:30 Pm, welcome the Wikipedians by organizer Jyoti
2. Facilitation to Mr. Shiju Alex and the HOD of the Computer
Science Department Dr. (Mrs) Anjana Kakati Mahanta with the Assamese
Gamosha by Mr. Buljit Borgohain and Mr. Gitartha Bordoloi respectively.
3. On request of Jyoti Prakash Nath Dr. (Mrs) Anjana Kakati
Mahanta inaugurated the meeting. She said how she glad to know when
she was asked by Mr. Shiju Alex for a place to a meeting of Assamese
Wikipedia. She agreed to provide a Projector, a room, furnishers and
Internet connection for the meeting.
4. Mr. Prabhakar Sharama Neog, a senior Wikipedian explains his
feelings about the Assamese Wikipedia and shares some experience.
5. All the present peoples introduced themselves one by one.
6. Jyoti Prakash Nath explains how to open a new account on the
Assamese Wikipedia to the new people that present on that day. One new
member Mr. Amrit opens a new account on request for demonstration.
7. A slide show prepared by Mr. Bishnu Saikia was presented by
another senior Wikipedian Mr. Gitartha Bordoloi where basically these
points are described-----
I. What is Wikipedia?
II. What is Wiki?
III. History of Wikipedia.
IV. Indic Wikipedia.
V. Present status of Assamese Wikipedia.
VI. Sister Projects of Assamese Wikipedia.
VII. Assamese Wikisource.
VIII. Assamese Wiktionary.
IX. Assamese Wikibooks.
8. Shiju Alex speaks about Wikimedia foundation and the Indic
9. Mr. Amlan Basumatary explains the viewers how to create a page
and how to write an article on Assamese Wikipedia. He also explains
the Narayam keyboard that available on the website and how to activate
it and how one can write Assamese script using the keyboard.
10. A question answer section was held where many new users and
present reporters ask questions about Wikipedia. All the queries are
answered by Mr. Gitarth Bordoloi, Mr. Prabhakar Sharma Neog, Mr.Shiju
Alex and Mr. Amlan Basumatary. Meanwhile all the guests were served
with tea and Assamese breakfast Tillpitha, Narikolor Ladu, Tilor Ladu,
Sirar Ladu etc.
11. End of the meeting declared by Jyoti Prakash Nath.
Wikipedia-AS mailing list
Wikimedia India Chapter
Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
To unsubscribe from the list / change mailing preferences visit