From: Vishveshwar Jatain <vishveshwar.jat...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 2:48 PM
Subject: Wikipedia query
To: noopur.ra...@gmail.com

Hi Noopur,

Thanks for responding.

I run an online technology magazine for a leading tech support firm called
iYogi <http://www.iyogi.com/>, the magazine is called
wwwireframe<http://www.wwwireframe.com/> (which
is also currently undergoing a rebranding and redesign to offer a much
better responsive UI to readers).

In the eight months since the project has been in existence -- we've done
over 500 pages of original content spread across topics such as technology,
business, social media, science, startups, green technology and nonprofits.
What are the benchmarks for eligibility? I wouldn't like to face a
situation where I create a page only to see it deleted by an editor.

As I found out, the IP range of the parent organization, iYogi, has been
banned by a Wikipedia editor. I don't know why that is, maybe the page they
created was badly done or perhaps it was a total sales pitch with no value.

Now that I've shared some history with you.

(1) My first priority is to create a page for my magazine (wwwireframe),
how do I do it?

(2) If possible, I'd like to look into the possibility of reviving the
iYogi page -- do it well this time. It's actually quite a trusted company
with its investors (Sequoia being one of them) and customers (majority from
US) with global competitors like Geek Squad.

Sorry for the long-ish email, tried to keep it short. Would really
appreciate your opinion on this.

Warm Regards
VJ

--