I agree with fae about the entire issue.
Last week, there was an Academy in Coimbatore at the Amrita University
where I was denied entry as my ID card didn't state Wikipedia.

For Commons, this may not be of much use. Most Police men chase us away for
pulling out a Camera in Public.

However, I do not see this reaching non members of the chapter, especially
the under age ones like Vibhijain, or others.
Re,

On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 8:44 PM, Vickram Crishna <vvcris...@radiophony.com>wrote:

> Further to Theo's suggestion (inline below)
>
> On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 7:15 AM, Theo10011 <de10...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Great suggestion Fae.
>>
>> As Srikanth correctly pointed it out, such an ID would be under the
>> content scope, which neither the chapter or the WMF India operations have
>> any jurisdiction over.
>>
>> I remember a couple of years ago, Wikinews tried this for their active
>> editors, offering to print them 'official reporter' IDs. It was an idea at
>> the time, and I'm not sure if they actually implemented it or not.
>>
>> For photographers, this would be the commons community. This shouldn't be
>> too hard, I suggest someone mentioning the political situation and
>> suggesting this for commons photographers in the VP. The great thing is
>> since, it would be the community who would award it, there is little or no
>> direct liability to an official body. There should however be a
>> contribution record or an endorsement from someone to print these out.
>>
>> One thing the chapter can do however, is offer a special
>> member/photographers ID to the existing members. This could be at a
>> surcharge so they don't undertake any expense- they can print out plastic
>> IDs with photos, and membership detail of the existing members. This ID
>> might be able to suffice for the purpose.
>>

> I don't think that the card should necessarily be printed at a centralised
> location. In fact, I don't even think this is desirable (from security and
> logistics viewpoints). It should be fairly simple to 'approve' a request
> for accreditation (framework discussed already), then lead to a web-based
> one-time card generator that the user can print and laminate herself. In
> case of problems printing, the user should have a fallback option to report
> the failure, in order to enable a second attempt for the card to be
> printed.
>

>> Regards
>> Theo
>>

>> On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 8:15 PM, CherianTinu Abraham <
>> tinucher...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> The chapter can officially decide it only after a discussion within
>>> Board , SIG leadership and the members.
>>>
>>> But on a personal level, I agree with Anirudh's view on this.
>>> Since it brings strong accountability for the chapter on the use of the
>>> ID by the recipients , this has to be done with caution and utmost care.
>>> May be we can set up an empowered committee to review such requests and
>>> grant them.  ( just a suggestion)
>>> Nevertheless, IMHO, such id cards should be issued to "only trusted
>>> Wikimedians" with a substantial amount of history with our projects and
>>> mission.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Tinu Cherian
>>>

>>> On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 7:22 PM, Ashwin Baindur <ashwin.bain...@gmail.com

> Vickram
> Fool On The Hill <http://communicall.wordpress.com>

Srikanth Ramakrishnan.
Wikipedia Coimbatore Meetup on February 12th.
Aliens invaded Tamil Nadu, left their Spacship and now it is a Toll Plaza.
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:IVRCL-Vijayamangalam-Toll-Plaza.JPG