What is rather odd is that the 'story' is written as a defense of
Nichalp/Wifione/Wikifone. Possibly some people may have known him
personally and therefore the tone of the article.

I find the statement "They don't realize that, in the long run,  editors
cannot be expected to devote their time to the project for free.[3] ".
Realise? What does that mean? Nobody is forcing anyone to devote any time
at all to Wikipedia. What Wikipedia represents is an opportunity (among
other, better, things) for people to commit fraudulent acts, but that may
be said of almost anything material or even spiritual. If anyone doesn't
like it, they are free to relax and do something else that they find more
spiritually or materially relevant. And it is not 'they' who don't realise
(or do, we the silly naive people), it is 'us'.

As for the client, the less said the better. It remains to be seen why the
government regulators fail year after year to do anything about this sad
situation. So far, the scams do not amount to hundreds of thousands of
crores, which at least attracts CAG attention, although the impact on
India's societal health may end up being far deeper. Have they ever sued
the government or threatened to sue? Have they sued individual government
officers? - that is certainly pretty hard to do, much much harder than to
sue individual volunteer Wikimedians.

People following education issues will have noticed that minority education
institutions have soundly protested the provisions of the new Right To
Education Act. I feel such actions are partly a response the the pressure
that will now be put on privately funded teaching mills. It is a very
complex situation, but the nexus between politicians and degree
shops/moneymaking rackets is a doleful commentary on India's evolving
political landscape.

Vickram
Fool On The Hill <http://communicall.wordpress.com>