I believe this situation is more Urban-oriented/Metropolitan oriented?
I haven't had any problems with semi-urban, rural, semi-rural places.

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 6:31 AM, Ashwin Baindur <ashwin.bain...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Tinu of course, Plus a whole lot of indic wiki guys pushing Wikimedia
> in the vernacular press. :)
>
> Warm regards,
>
> Ashwin Baindur
>

> On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 7:58 PM, Vickram Crishna
> <vvcris...@radiophony.com> wrote:
> > Top posting: yes, *sensitive* spots, not spots of possible connection
> with
> > *national security*. The police take an active interest wherever money
> can
> > be sniffed, not only where the government may or may not have an
> interest.
> > In the former kind of places, one can very often discern an extra-legal
> aura
> > of security, such as the disgraceful scene some months back when a
> motorist
> > traveling south (Mumbaikars will know what I mean) on Peddar Road was
> > harassed for taking a picture or two of Antillia from across the road.
> > Picture taking there is totally and completely a legal act, of course,
> but
> > harassment by police is not always worth going to court about. In that
> case,
> > the media took an interest, which can be better than going to court
> > sometimes. The trouble is that Wikipedians cannot always expect to be
> able
> > to raise a media fuss, or to expect sympathy or empathy expressed in the
> > media. But I must say that the media is taking a lot more of a positive
> and
> > encouraging view of Wikimedian activities nowadays (a kudos to
> > you-know-who).
> >
> > On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 6:43 PM, Ravishankar <ravidre...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 5:25 PM, Ashwin Baindur <
> ashwin.bain...@gmail.com>

> >> There are lot of places including museums and temples globally which
> >> prohibit photography or require special permissions. The issue is
> >> prohibiting when there is no clear prior notice.
> >>
> >> ravi

> > --
> > Vickram
> > Fool On The Hill

Srikanth Ramakrishnan.
Wikipedia Coimbatore Meetup on February 12th.
Aliens invaded Tamil Nadu, left their Spacship and now it is a Toll Plaza.
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:IVRCL-Vijayamangalam-Toll-Plaza.JPG