Hey Yann,
I tried  getting in touch with people there a long time ago. Then I
realized my best bet would be to get in touch with Mallika Sarabhai,
the activist/entrepreneur whose family owns the museum and runs it.
She is a progressive person and might be excited by this idea of
putting Calico museum on the Wikipedia map.
I'll try look for her contact details but your best bet would be to
write to her on Facebook and tell her about this. I hope this helps.
Cheers
Noopur

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 4:42 PM, Anirudh Bhati <anirudh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just put it up on [[Hindu wedding]]
>
> http://enwp.org/Hindu_wedding
>
> On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 4:29 PM, Srikanth Ramakrishnan
> <parakara.gh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I think the Chapter could write a letter of request?
>> As for the picture, it looks great!
>>

>> On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 12:59 AM, Yann Forget <yan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I would like to document the Calico Museum of Textiles in Ahmedabad
>>> [1][2], one of the greatest textile museum in the world, but
>>> photography is currently forbidden there.
>>> There is currently nothing on Wikimedia Commons about it.
>>> Maybe a formal request from Wikimedia India may help getting a
>>> permission.
>>> Several days will be necessary, as the museum is pretty big.
>>> Permission to use a tripod is also necessary.
>>>
>>> In addition, I am proud to announce a new featured picture from India
>>> on Commons:
>>>
>>> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Hindu_Bride,_Ahmedabad,_Gujarat.jpg
>>> Translations into Indian languages would be great. ;)
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>>
>>> Yann
>>>
>>> [1] http://www.calicomuseum.com/
>>> [2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calico_Museum_of_Textiles

>> --
>> Regards,
>> Srikanth Ramakrishnan.
>> Wikipedia Coimbatore Meetup on February 12th.
>> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Meetup/Coimbatore
>> Aliens invaded Tamil Nadu, left their Spacship and now it is a Toll Plaza.
>> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:IVRCL-Vijayamangalam-Toll-Plaza.JPG

Noopur Raval
Student
Arts and Aesthetics