Some time back, WMF funded research on Oral Citations. Some articles on English
Wikipedia (and probably some indic wikis like hi as well from the looks of it)
have begun using oral citations. However, there is no mention of their
acceptability on WP:RS so far.

I have taken the liberty of starting a discussion on this [1] and Im posting it
on the list as I think its important that this be discussed in detail as it
would be a major change to current policy, if implemented.

[2]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Reliable_sources/Noticeboard#Oral_Citations

Kind Regards,