I've been told that a lot of students especially the CAs from IEP have
applied.
I've also heard that there is 30% reservation of scholarships for South
East Asia.

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 2:02 AM, Sudhanwa Jogalekar
<sudhanwa....@gmail.com>wrote:

> I have already applied. What about others?
>
> -Sudhanwa
>

> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 11:53 AM, Tinu Cherian (Wikimedia India)
> <tinucher...@wikimedia.in> wrote:
> > A gentle reminder of the Deadline of TODAY for the application of
> Wikimania
> > Scholarships !
> >
> > Regards
> > Tinu Cherian
> > Wikimedia India
> >

> > On 1/25/2012 5:19 PM, CherianTinu Abraham wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >         Wikimania is the annual international conference of Wikimedians ,
> > jointly hosted by the local team ( usually local chapter) and the
> Wikimedia
> > Foundation.
> >
> > The previous conferences were held in Frankfurt, Germany (2005), Boston,
> USA
> > (2006), Taipei, Taiwan (2007), Alexandria, Egypt (2008), Buenos Aires,
> > Argentina (2009), Gdańsk, Poland (2010), and Haifa, Israel (2011).
> >
> > This year, it is to be held in Washington DC, United States of America,
> on
> > July 12-14 , 2012.  http://wikimania2012.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
> >
> > I have attended the Wikimanias in Gdansk and Haifa, along with several
> other
> > Wikipedians from India.
> >
> > http://wiki.wikimedia.in/Wikimania2011
> >
> > I highly recommend everyone to apply and attend Wikimania !
> >
> > Like every year, The Wikimedia Foundation is offering a limited number of
> > scholarships to offset the cost of select individuals' attendance at
> > Wikimania.
> >
> > Both full and partial scholarships are available for Wikimania 2012:
> >     Full scholarships will award round trip travel, dorms accommodations
> and
> > registration.
> >     Partial scholarships will subsidize up to 300€ of travel expenses.
> >
> > Scholarship recipients have to bear themselves the additional costs of
> > taxis, visa & travel agent charges etc.
> >
> > More Information : http://wikimania2012.wikimedia.org/wiki/Scholarships
> > Apply here : https://secure.wikidc.org/wm/schols/
> > Deadline : 16 Feb 2012
> >
> > Around 30 % of the scholarship are allocated to Asia & Pacific, so there
> are
> > more chances of scholarship applications from India to be selected. :)
> >
> > Please note that the selection is mostly based on the merit of the
> > applications.
> > One of the common mistakes that Wikimedians in India make is that we
> aren't
> > enough vocal of what we do. So please do write in detail about your
> > Wikimedia activities.
> >
> > Please feel free to forward this to various language and city mailing
> lists
> > and encourage other Wikimedians to apply.
> >
> > All the best wishes!
> >
> > Regards
> > Tinu Cherian
> >

> > --

> [...]

Srikanth Ramakrishnan.
Wikipedia Coimbatore Meetup on February 12th.
Aliens invaded Tamil Nadu, left their Spacship and now it is a Toll Plaza.
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:IVRCL-Vijayamangalam-Toll-Plaza.JPG