I've read your reply very carefully and that is why I am suggesting a
change in paradigm. Eventually, your comments reflect on the main question:
was it worth it? And, I am merely suggesting that we will have to start
looking at "worth" differently than time consumed.

Regarding the chapter signing an MoU, I wasn't even aware of this and am
frankly quite surprised they managed to sign one so quickly. I will refrain
from commenting on that.

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 7:40 PM, Srikanth Lakshmanan <srik....@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 18:40, Noopur <noopur.ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I think the question regarding outreach is being framed in a wrong light
>> here.The problem seriously is not about "what is the point of spending X
>> hours?". The point is, are we making the most of those hours? Do we as a
>> community need to improve (dumb things down, use better methods) our
>> strategies of communication so that we don't waste a lot of our time and
>> still get results. IMHO, it is way too early to expect 1-2 editors to be
>> recruited out of all such events because *Wikipedia movement is  too
>> nascent in India to make immediate sense to people. *So, there will be
>> at least 1-2 years of just conversation before everyone knows that
>> "Wikipedia can be edited". That is why I strongly believe that we need to
>> keep doing these sessions.
>>

> Noopur,
>
> Care to read my reply once more before misunderstanding? Where have I
> questioned the need for outreach on the mail? I specifically mentioned
> ***(Effectiveness
> is totally another thing)** *--> which means I am not even talking about
> effectiveness here, even though I have alternate views on outreach. My
> sadness was all these things was done for 1 hour slot? Chapter spending
> time to sign MoU might take atleast 1 hour for Naveen & Co, atleast 10
> people planning/mailing in the run up to the event where we have a 1 hour
> slot. Is that worthy? Enlighten me. I also mentioned the amount of time
> that was spent last year(again not uttering a word on the effectivity /
> need of it). Thanks for your understanding.
>
> --
> Regards
> Srikanth.L

Noopur Raval