I was thinking of experimenting conducting online outreach. I want to try out
if we can do an effective outreach event using a google+ (video) hangout.
Virtual outreach has a number of advantages:
* No investment of time/effort/cost in travel
* Personal attention to each participant (because of individual
* No complications of no laptops available at the venue or a limit on creating
user names from a single IP address during the event
* Lower dependency on institutions/college fests to organize an event for us.
* Not limited by physical presence. Sitting in Kanyakumari, one can conduct
outreach for interested folks in Kashmir!
This is just a trial to test if online outreach is effective, doable and
manageable. This could be one of the ways forward! (Potentially, we could have
more community members doing more events with a more diverse audience.)
I'm really excited. Fingers crossed!
Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
To unsubscribe from the list / change mailing preferences visit