we can use this to create videos in all languages to teach how to
contribute for wikipedia.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Shrinivasan T" <tshriniva...@gmail.com>
Date: Mar 1, 2012 7:21 PM
Subject: eidete - a nice screencaster for gnu/linux
To: "ILUG-C" <il...@ae.iitm.ac.in>

Found a nice screencasting application for ubuntu - eidete

Though the gnome 3 has its inbuilt screen recording app using
crtl+alt+shift+r
it can record only video, not the audio.

I was looking for a decent screenrecorder with voice.

gtk-recordmydesktop is good. But, we have to configure the parameters to
get video without any scattering effects.

Tried eidete. It is so good. Video is stored as webm format. video/audio
quality is fine.

Check more about it here:
https://launchpad.net/eidete
http://www.ubuntubuzz.com/2012/01/record-your-screen-activity-with-eidete.html

Recorded a sample screencast - "intro to gnome 3" in Tamil.
check it here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg5h1-YgoJI

Now, you can create screencasts easily with Eidete.

T.Shrinivasan

My Life with GNU/Linux : http://goinggnu.wordpress.com
Free/Open Source Jobs : http://fossjobs.in

Get CollabNet Subversion Edge :     http://www.collab.net/svnedge