On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 2:47 PM, Shiju Alex <shijualexonl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am replying to this mail as a Malayalam wikimedia community member.
>

>> Fact:  Subhashish, former volunteer, and now paid consultant with India
>> Programs.
>

> What do you mean by this? I Shiju Alex is a Indic language wikipedian now
> close to 6 years. According to Mr. Anirudh (an EC member of India chapter) I
> am a former volunteer. is this is the official position of wikimedia India
> chapter? As a community member I require an explanation for this.

Dear Shiju & subha,

Both of you need to differentiate between paid and volunteered works.
you can still volunteer for many things in your individual capacity .
Only two of you need to define which one is a  part of job and which
one is in your volunteer capacities. I think India programme reports
only need to highlight the official part more clearly with specific
involvement. Volunteering can go as a part of community/chapter
reports .

Hope it is clear now

Anivar