From: his...@wikimedia.org
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 15:56:52 +0530
To: wikimediaindia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
Subject: Re: [Wikimediaindia-l] India Program: Community Monthly Report: Feb
2012

On Mar 7, 2012, at 12:45 PM, CherianTinu Abraham wrote:Hi Pranav,
In India, it is extremely difficult to hairline separate who has done which
event. - Chapter, Community and WMF India Programs.

Let us take the case of the Trichy event, the request came to a community
member Rsrikanth to the chapter. Nitika was actively involved along with me and
Naveen. The chapter signed the MoU and supplied some goodies. Nitika was
actively involved in coaching Sohan, a chapter member and Rsrikanth.  One must
not also forget that both Hisham & Nitika are also chapter members.

/cut/

As I explained, it is difficult to separate the contributions of different
entities or individuals for the Wikimedia  movement in India.

IMHO, we should be only concerned about the outcomes of the event and not who
gets the credit.

I agree with Tinu.  It's really hard to put a rigid structure to this.  The
illustration of the Trichy event (see above)  of everyone pitching in - is not
unique at all.  In fact, it's probably always the case, in some degree or the
other.   The need of the hour (and I daresay, the near-distant future) is
flexibility and agility.
hisham