On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 4:38 PM, CherianTinu Abraham
<tinucher...@gmail.com>wrote:

> You are a long time community member, you were working as Wikimedia
> Foundation paid contractor for some time, does that mean all the volunteer
> work you would have done before/after or during being a full time and paid
> staff of Foundation cease to have any value ?

Err... I have no idea who or what implied that. I don't think anyone said
anything to that effect so far. Just said volunteer and staff work is
separate, not that it goes away or one negates the other. I completely
agreed with Ashwin on the need for better demarcation.

Here's some example-
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Theo_(WMF)   - my old contractor
account- read the disclaimer
http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=User%3ATheo10011&diff=2165185&oldid=2156716
- my volunteer account at the time- read the disclaimer/announcement

Shijus's staff account -http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Shiju  and
volunteer account -  http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Shijualex
Subha's staff account http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Subha_WMF  and
volunteer accoun t-  http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Psubhashish

They all have disclaimers, and explanation that this work is separate from
staff work. It's a pretty clean and simple staff policy, that I have
discussed with Philippe in the past.

This might be harder to do in offline work, but there should be some
attempt at demarcation like on-wiki. Their volunteer work and standing will
never go away, no one remotely suggested that. Just that, like on-wiki,
there should be better communication about which is which, nothing more.

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 4:46 PM, Srikanth Ramakrishnan <
parakara.gh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Errm Theo,
> Do remember that the India TRUST is DIFFERENT form the Chapter. It is from
> the WMF side and has absolutely NO relation with the Chapter.

lol I know Srikanth. My question was about its current legal status. Is it
independent? different or same as the chapter?

Regards
Theo