Frankly, i had not  understood what you said earlier :-(, thank you
for later one. As you may have known, I personaly not interested in
current type wide deployment of webfonts, not only because usability
of its current  deployment is limited, but also it is almost obsolete
in its current purpose. Still I believe it can provide much help to
users in multi-script environment. For sanskrit, even en.wp article
says that many compatible scripts including malayalam, kannada, telugu
etc were used to write sanskrit. Providing all those scripts in
webfonts in wiki level may be idiotic in developer sense. If users are
able to select appropriate font (read script) for them, then IMO it
will be the real win of webfonts.

Anyway i'm happy to know you've such a vast knowledge about silpa
project and its scope and limitation. :-)

On 07/03/2012, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hoi,
> Reading back I realised that I did not answer your question really. What
> you are asking for is the possibility to transliterate a text into a
> specific script.This is something that needs development. At the Silpa
> website there is functionality that does some initial transliteration. It
> however needs more work and when the software has been tried and tested it
> still needs to be implemented in MediaWiki.
>
> So the answer is: please help us code this functionality :)
> Thanks,
>      Gerard
>
> http://silpa.org.in/Transliterate
>
> On 5 March 2012 17:33, praveenp <me.prav...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi, Is it possible to select other scripts other than devnagiri or
>> brahmi on user level? I know some sanskrit but i'm more comfortable
>> with malayalam script :-). Such an option will be an added advantage
>> for many people like me. I've seen many   sanskrit texts (usually with
>> malayalam translation or detailing) using malayalam script. So i hope
>> nothing wrong in it.
>>
>> --
>> With love
>> Praveen <http://ml.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Praveenp>:talk<