Excellent news.
Gujuarati Wikipedians, please take this forward.
I request Arnav Sonara and Konark Ratnakar to start off.

On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 10:43 AM, Amir E. Aharoni <
amir.ahar...@mail.huji.ac.il> wrote:

> 2012/3/9 Ashwin Baindur <ashwin.bain...@gmail.com>:
> > Awesome! I do hope our Indic language communities take up this golden
> > opportnity. What is the amount needed in Kb/documents before one can get
> > one's own WikiProject, Amir?
>
> We never measured it, but the bureaucracy is very small.
>
> The focus is on the real work, not on paperwork. If you have a
> community of people uploading and proofreading texts and keeping the
> software localization complete and up to date, the rest is small
> details.
>
> Here's as example from the Gujarati Wikisource:
>
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requests_for_new_languages/Wikisource_Gujarati
>
> (In fact, that page is relatively big. Usually a much smaller page is
> enough.)
>
> The full policy for creating a project in a new language is here:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Language_proposal_policy
>
> It would be very useful to get this Language proposal policy page
> translated to the major languages of India, like Hindi, Tamil, Telugu
> and Bengali, so that people who don't know English well would be able
> to read it and use it more easily. Anybody can do it by clicking the
> "Translate this page" link at the top.

> http://aharoni.wordpress.com
> ‪“We're living in pieces,
> I want to live in peace.” – T. Moore‬

Srikanth Ramakrishnan.
Wikipedia Coimbatore Meetup on February 12th.
Aliens invaded Tamil Nadu, left their Spacship and now it is a Toll Plaza.
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:IVRCL-Vijayamangalam-Toll-Plaza.JPG