Definitely Adware/Malware/Spyware/etc.
Notice in the Screenshot, it says Ads Not By This Site.
It should've been a clue.
Do scan your system with a good antivirus [Free or paid doesn't matter].
If your system is infected by anything, your data might be at risk.
--Cheers,

On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 8:13 PM, Debanjan Bandyopadhyay <debast...@gmail.com
> wrote:

> I just saw that screenshot and remembered, even my friend said, it was by
> the same site, inkfruit. Some common issue??
>

> On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 8:12 PM, Debanjan Bandyopadhyay <
> debast...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> No, now that you mention him, even a friend of mine in Pune told me that
>> Wikipedia had started ads, to which I dared him to show me and in fact made
>> a bet. He failed to show me when I asked him to, so I took it as a singular
>> even, perhaps, some sort of mistake he made. However, since other people
>> have started seeing this, I though I'd tell you that he is not alone.
>>
>> I'll ask him further details about his net connection and get back to you
>> guys on this.
>>

>> On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 7:08 PM, Aditya Sengupta <apsengu...@gmail.com>wrote:

>> Regards,
>> Debanjan*
>>
>> - Lets make this world a better and more informative place*

> Debanjan*
>
> - Lets make this world a better and more informative place*

Srikanth Ramakrishnan.
Wikipedia Coimbatore Meetup on February 12th.
Aliens invaded Tamil Nadu, left their Spacship and now it is a Toll Plaza.
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:IVRCL-Vijayamangalam-Toll-Plaza.JPG