Noopur, thanks for understanding and your kind note.

I would request you to discuss with other women editors during the
Wiki-Edit-a-thon and come up with a recommendation. I think it is best that
you decide for yourselves.

Warm regards,

Ashwin Baindur
------------------------------------------------------


On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 7:50 PM, Noopur <noopur.ra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Ashwin!
> I don't think anyone who is active on this list will misunderstand your
> mail. :) We've had discussions before on how a lot of positions cause
> confusion and I also want someone who can dedicate enough time and
> attention to work on this project. So, no hard feelings on my part. I also
> saw your Wikipatrika Meta suggestion (going OT here). Since I will be
> taking that up, my hands are really full anyway.
> Anyway, I'd want to be the backup in case you need any short term help. I
> am grateful for your considerate explanation though :) In the meanwhile, we
> have a list of women Wikipedians. Naveen can suggest a name or two that can
> be approached?
> Regards
> Noopur
>
>
> On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 7:42 PM, Ashwin Baindur 
> <ashwin.bain...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> I would like to publicly say that I have erred in naming Noopur here. I
>> did not mean to cast any aspersion on her and her good work and track
>> record. I  thought that since she is a publicly known figure with
>> responsibilities and good work done in so many spheres - GLAM, Delhi
>> community and now in India Programs, that it would be an example of an
>> already dedicated person whereas I preferred someone new who was not
>> already committed.
>>
>> I now see that I was wrong to name a specific person. The text can be
>> misconstrued as a negative by those who dont know Noopur or her qualities.
>> Also Noopur never aspired to the post. I'm sure if she had chooses to do
>> it, she would do it wonderfully well.
>>
>> My deepest apologies to you, Noopur for causing you distress and
>> embarrassment.
>>
>> Warm regards,
>>
>> Ashwin Baindur
>> ------------------------------------------------------
>>
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 8:09 AM, Ashwin Baindur <ashwin.bain...@gmail.com
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> On a related note, we are looking for a women volunteer coordinator for
>>> Women and Gender Issues Task Force on WikiProject India.
>>>
>>> The only QRs are :
>>> * Lady editor.
>>> * Enthusiastic and willing to take up the role.
>>> * Not involved with other Wikipedia responsibilities. (For example,
>>> User:Noopur28 would not be recommended due to her large involvements
>>> already with GLAM & IP).
>>>
>>> Please reply on list if you meet the QR and would like to take up this
>>> challenging appointment.
>>>
>>>
>>> Warm regards,
>>>
>>> Ashwin Baindur
>>> ------------------------------------------------------
>>>
>>>
>>> On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 8:07 AM, Ashwin Baindur <
>>> ashwin.bain...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>> As a miniscule gesture of support to you fabulous ladies, I looked for
>>>> a prominent Indian woman without an image, located an image and uploaded it
>>>> to Commons and the article.
>>>>
>>>> I found the Nightingale of India, Sarojini Naidu, had no worthwhile
>>>> image. Maragret Bourke-White's image ex Life Archive is copyright free in
>>>> India and I have uploaded that under {{pd-India}} and it now graces the
>>>> article.
>>>>
>>>> I request all editors to do small things like this even if you are not
>>>> able to edit major articles or help in other ways.
>>>>
>>>> I also request all editors of the Tag & Assess drive 2011 to recheck
>>>> their assessments and add "gender=yes" for articles on women, children and
>>>> related issues.
>>>>
>>>> Warm regards,
>>>>
>>>> Ashwin Baindur
>>>> ------------------------------------------------------
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 7:14 AM, CherianTinu Abraham <
>>>> tinucher...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> "*Why shud girls have all the fun ? *" :D
>>>>>
>>>>> Just kidding ! Nice initiative ...  All the best wishes!
>>>>>
>>>>> On a related note, it is good to find reasons on why Wikipedia attract
>>>>> very less woman editors ( much less in India than global benchmarks) and
>>>>> how to solve this gender gap.
>>>>> Thoughts ?
>>>>>
>>>>> -TC
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 10:31 PM, Noopur <noopur.ra...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> Thanks for pulling this together Netha :) I am in!
>>>>>> Regards
>>>>>> Noopur
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 8:51 PM, Netha Hussain <
>>>>>> nethahuss...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Thanks Pradeep.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> We will be working on 1-4 articles depending upon the volunteer
>>>>>>> turnout. I am thinking of conducting a similar Edit-a-thon in Malayalam
>>>>>>> Wikipedia. If anybody else would like to conduct WikiWomen's 
>>>>>>> Edit-a-Thon's
>>>>>>> in other Indic languages, please let me know. Together, we shall 
>>>>>>> celebrate
>>>>>>> the Women's month!
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> In WikiLove,
>>>>>>> Netha Hussain
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 8:45 PM, Pradeep Mohandas <
>>>>>>> pradeep.mohan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Hi Netha,
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Great initiative!
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Wondering why you're limiting yourself to one article? Why not do
>>>>>>>> multiple articles in small groups of 3 to 4 people? Also, why not do it
>>>>>>>> across languages as well?
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> It might get slightly messy but will be more fun and might foster
>>>>>>>> some healthy competition between the groups as well :)
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Pradeep
>>>>>>>> Handheld
>>>>>>>> On Mar 13, 2012 8:36 PM, "Netha Hussain" <nethahuss...@gmail.com>
>>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Hey All,
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> I am writing to invite each one of you to India WikiWomen's
>>>>>>>>> Edit-a-Thon<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/India_WikiWomen%27s_Edit-a-Thon>that
>>>>>>>>>  has been scheduled for 25th March 2012, Sunday from 12:00pm to 
>>>>>>>>> 2:00pm.
>>>>>>>>> It's probably not possible for all of us to meet physically to 
>>>>>>>>> celebrate
>>>>>>>>> Women's Month but we all meet virtually - online!
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> During the two hour time slot we all will be editing an article
>>>>>>>>> which will be pre-selected by way of nomination and votes. Depending 
>>>>>>>>> on the
>>>>>>>>> number of members joining in we can also organise an IRC meet to meet 
>>>>>>>>> each
>>>>>>>>> other before and during the event.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Everyone is welcome to come edit Wikipedia with us at this event.
>>>>>>>>> Women, new editors, all those who relate to women's history or women's
>>>>>>>>> issues, those who want to learn how to edit or can teach others how, 
>>>>>>>>> and
>>>>>>>>> anyone with an interest in women's history are particularly 
>>>>>>>>> encouraged to
>>>>>>>>> attend.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Please sign Up 
>>>>>>>>> here<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/India_WikiWomen%27s_Edit-a-Thon#Sign_up>and
>>>>>>>>>  suggest and vote for articles
>>>>>>>>> here<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/India_WikiWomen%27s_Edit-a-Thon#Article_Selection>.
>>>>>>>>> Nomination for articles will be closed by 22nd of March and the 
>>>>>>>>> voting will
>>>>>>>>> be closed by 24th March. Hurry! :)
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Thanks Nitika <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Nitika.t>, for
>>>>>>>>> bringing up this idea!
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> I welcome all of you to participate by editing subjects about
>>>>>>>>> women's history and more. Everyone is welcome!
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Thanks
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>>> Netha Hussain
>>>>>>>>> User : Netha 
>>>>>>>>> Hussain<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Netha_Hussain>on 
>>>>>>>>> Wikiprojects
>>>>>>>>> Student of Medicine and Surgery
>>>>>>>>> Govt. Medical College, Kozhikode
>>>>>>>>> Blogs : *nethahussain.blogspot.com
>>>>>>>>> swethaambari.wordpress.com*
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>>>>>>> Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
>>>>>>>>> Wikimediaindia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
>>>>>>>>> To unsubscribe from the list / change mailing preferences visit
>>>>>>>>> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaindia-l
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>>>>>> Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
>>>>>>>> Wikimediaindia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
>>>>>>>> To unsubscribe from the list / change mailing preferences visit
>>>>>>>> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaindia-l
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>> Netha Hussain
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Student of Medicine and Surgery
>>>>>>> Govt. Medical College, Kozhikode
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Blogs : *nethahussain.blogspot.com
>>>>>>> swethaambari.wordpress.com*
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>>>>> Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
>>>>>>> Wikimediaindia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
>>>>>>> To unsubscribe from the list / change mailing preferences visit
>>>>>>> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaindia-l
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> --
>>>>>> Noopur Raval
>>>>>> Student
>>>>>> Arts and Aesthetics
>>>>>> Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
>>>>>> Ph: 9650567690
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>>>> Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
>>>>>> Wikimediaindia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
>>>>>> To unsubscribe from the list / change mailing preferences visit
>>>>>> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaindia-l
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>>> Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
>>>>> Wikimediaindia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
>>>>> To unsubscribe from the list / change mailing preferences visit
>>>>> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaindia-l
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
>> Wikimediaindia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
>> To unsubscribe from the list / change mailing preferences visit
>> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaindia-l
>>
>>
>
>
> --
> Noopur Raval
> Student
> Arts and Aesthetics
> Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
> Ph: 9650567690
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
> Wikimediaindia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
> To unsubscribe from the list / change mailing preferences visit
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaindia-l
>
>
_______________________________________________
Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
Wikimediaindia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
To unsubscribe from the list / change mailing preferences visit 
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaindia-l

Reply via email to