> Can people now submit grant proposals in their own language?

I think they could, but the people who will eventually decide about the
grant may not know the language. Although I see GAC members cover some
languages. In my personal opinion, to help everyone in this matter maybe it
is better to keep things in English. But the information pages on grants
and its process should be translated to other languages so people from
different languages can understand the procedure very well.

Regards,
Tanvir Rahman
Wikitanvir on Wikimedia