Oy, you informed every body about this great resource. Why dont YOU
assist in promoting and overseeing the application process on behalf
of the WikiProject. I'll be travelling for a week from Friday onwards
So I cant help.

Ashwin

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 5:21 PM, Srikanth Ramakrishnan
<parakara.gh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Not sure if everyone knows this:
> From: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:HighBeam
>

> HighBeam Research is an online, paid search engine for newspapers,
> magazines, academic journals, newswires, trade magazines and encyclopedias.
> The site has access to over 80 million articles from 6,500 publications,
> most of which are not available for free elsewhere on the internet.
> Thousands of new articles are added daily, archives date back over 25 years
> including trade journal, newspaper articles, and peer-reviewed journals
> covering a wide range of subjects and industries; and there are tools for
> finding, saving, organizing, and sharing information as documents. Aside
> from a free 7-day trial (credit card required), access to HighBeam costs $30
> per month or $200 per year for the first year and $300 for subsequent years.
>
> As of March 13, 2012 HighBeam has generouslly agreed to give free,
> full-access 1-year accounts for Wikipedia editors to use, at the discretion
> of the community. HighBeam is excited about this and does not expect there
> to be a shortage of these free, 1-year accounts; however, editors will have
> to have a 1 year-old account and 1000 edits in order to qualify for one. At
> the end of 1 year, editors who found the resource useful can simply
> re-apply.
>
> The current plan, although up for discussion, is for sign-ups for the
> accounts to begin on Monday April 2 at 10am EST and remain open until the
> following Monday; if there are more editors than accounts, to assign them
> randomly; if a surplus of accounts remain available, to re-open the sign-up
> page for regular additions.

> Srikanth Ramakrishnan.

Warm regards,

Ashwin Baindur