Congrats Arun!

(Not that he needs introduction on this list)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Arun Ganesh <arun.plane...@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, May 3, 2012 at 6:46 PM
Subject: [Wikitech-l] Introduction - Arun
To: wikitec...@lists.wikimedia.org, wmf...@lists.wikimedia.org

Hi everyone,
I wanted to introduce myself to the community and the WMF team, I'm Arun
Ganesh (user:planemad)[1a] from Bangalore, India and have joined as
contractor for the foundation's L10n team[1b] as an Interaction designer
along with Pau to improve the user experience of language tools and
features.

I have been a longtime contributer to both commons[2] and the
openstreetmap[3] project and got involved with foundation work during the
Mumbai and Pune hackathons recently[4][5][6] where I proposed some of the
first ideas for the Universal Language Selector widget with Brandon, with
which we want to make language selection for anyone easy peasy.

Apart from that, I love cartography and maps [7], which would explain my
map contributions and the occasional headline for wikipedia [8], use only
public transport[9] and traveling with my pocket camera[10].

Its feels great to have this opportunity to work more seriously on a
project which has been an important part of my life. I'm new here, I wont
claim to know much, but I hope to make a difference in whichever way
possible. I also look forward to interacting more closely and learning from
the rest of the designers - Brandon, Heather and Pau to do the wonderful
things that designers like to do .So keep the usability bugs coming :)
-Arun

[1a] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Planemad
[1b] http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Localization_team
[2]