Thanks Nischyan for locating the js file!

I had a preliminary look, and it is not a 'general ad injector' - it
injects ads only into Mediawiki rendered pages (looks for #mw-panel
div), so I suppose this could be called a malware targeted at
Wikipedia.

I'm unsure of how we can proceed - perhaps contact amazon and see if
we can take down the cloudfront setup used to serve the ads? But I
think that's us entering into a cat and mouse game with malware
authors...

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 5:49 PM, Nischay Nahata <nischay...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I  finally got hold of the source that caused this problem. There is an
> extension called "I Want This" in chrome which does this evil work.
> As per my investigation, this extension is not installed by the user. Maybe
> we should notify Google that extensions are been installed without
> permissions.
>
> I have attached the JS file that causes this ad injection and also the HTML
> code that is been injected. Also note that this extension not only shows ads
> from Inkfruit or Jabong but RedBus.in also.
>

> On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 11:33 PM, Philippe Beaudette <phili...@wikimedia.org>
> wrote:
>>
>> I've been trying to get a copy of that source for months, so please send
>> it my way as well.  :)
>>
>> ___________________
>> Philippe Beaudette
>> Director, Community Advocacy