On 05/11/2012 09:54 PM, Arun Ganesh wrote:
> Regarding the bug, I feel at sometime a decision should be taken to
> stop active support for old browsers. We are still spending valuable
> development time and effort on fixing issues such as these when we
> could be concentrating on building stuff for the future.
We look at stats to determine what browsers get support.  If you look at
the stats
(http://stats.wikimedia.org/wikimedia/squids/SquidReportClients.htm)
you'll see that IE 7 takes up 4.20% of Wikimedia's total traffic.

When needed, we still support IE 6 which you can see gets only 1.2%.
See the discussion following the release of 1.16.4 last year for more
information: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.org.wikimedia.mediawiki/37243

Hope that helps,

Mark.

--