Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 17:26:31 +0530
From: sumaadd...@gmail.com
To: wikimediaindia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
CC: wikimedia-in-...@lists.wikimedia.org
Subject: Re: [Wikimediaindia-l] Report on the 16th Mumbai meetup!

Dear Karthik,

On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 1:15 PM, Karthik Nadar <karthik...@gmail.com> wrote:

Sorry for much delayed report.

On Saurday, May 15th, 2012, Wikipedians and volunteers from Mumbai attended the
16th Wikipedia Mumbai Meetup. Attendants not only worthy of being the part of
discussion, but also a part of a small party as our very own contributor
Karthik Nadar turned 19! We started introducing ourselves. A couple of new
visitors joined the family. We continued with casual Wikipedia talks, including
individual projects and project ideas.

A report on the meet-up whose date is 3 days later from today?
Please make sure such things do not happen, when you are sending a report to
the mailing list which is read by hundreds of Wikipedians across India.

Altogether 10 people were present at the meetup. Contributors like  Animesh
Kulkarni and a newbie "Ojas Patole" attended the meetup for the first time and
Rudolph Furtado (a regular contributor at the Commons) for the second time,
while we missed few regular attendees owing to their busy schedule. Going ahead
with the Wiki project Mumbai, our focus this month would be "Chor Bazaar". We'd
be going to Chor Bazaar in a weeks time for information, pictures and stuffs
like that. The new Wikipedians would be a part of this project with us.

We even discussed the Nehru Planetarium project. This might take some time, but
we plan to start as soon as the authorities grant us permissions. A couple of
smaller projects are in the list too which are mostly on individual level (at
most group of 2-3).

Towards the end everybody shared their Wikipedia experiences. We departed
around 7.30 p.m. Productive day for sure. Happy too.

(With inputs from Krutikaa Jawanjal).

Regards,(User:Karthikndr)
Karthik Nadar.

Cheers,Suma