On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 7:39 AM, Srikanth Lakshmanan <srik....@gmail.com>wrote:

> I am writing this since this list is read by many folks outside India who
> might think "Internet ban" at varying levels and put to some facts for
> people to make some more sense on the banning. Its mostly on 2-3 ISPs in
> India, so calling "Internet ban" is slightly exaggerating IMHO.

This is not the first time in Indian ISP's history. Good to know this
recent blockage though being "foreigner". Watch my
interview<http://gyaanyatra.affp.org.uk/news/story/whats-behind-indias-cyber-censorship>[1]
 that was recently given to one of the NGOs here in UK, where I had
discussed similar things. I had done a follow up pannel discussion on the
wider issue of press and media censorship in India. Which was well debated.

Dhaval

[1]-http://gyaanyatra.affp.org.uk/news/story/whats-behind-indias-cyber-censorship.
<http://gyaanyatra.affp.org.uk/news/story/whats-behind-indias-cyber-censorship>