On Sat, Jun 9, 2012 at 7:10 PM, Anirudh Bhati <anirudh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Published in HT City, New Delhi
> June 8, 2012
>
> Wiki meet for Delhi tomorrow
>
> If you think Wikipedia doesn’t have the real good stuff on Delhi or
> just doesn’t get the city right, tomorrow is your chance to change
> that. The open source knowledge website is holding a meet-up in Hauz
> Khas on Sunday, and everyone is welcome to pump up the information on
> the Capital in there. And not just the boring stuff. The
> representatives say they’re looking for bright, young people to join
> them in adding up more on the city’s cultural hubs, new landmarks,
> hangouts and historical hotspots.
>
>  “People still have the wrong notion that Wikipedia has a set of
> permanent editors who put all the information there. Everything in
> there is written by users, and the more people we have from Delhi, the
> better a knowledge bank we’ll have on the city. Abroad, they have a
> page on each street and every good place,” says Abhishek Suryawanshi,
> Wiki ambassador. So, existing editors — ordinary users, that is, will
> guide the new editors who wish to debut at the meet. The informal
> session, which will be held at Wikipedia’s Delhi office — the only one
> in the world outside of the United States — will also see an open
> debate and discussion on what needs to be done to make Delhi look up
> on the website. “For example, we recently had a meet in Ahmedabad and
> discovered that there are not too many pictures of the city on the
> site. Within a week of the session, we had over a thousand photos up
> there!” says Suryawanshi.
>
> For all the questions on the credibility of the information on the
> encyclopedia, Suryawanshi has one answer. “Wikipedia is just a
> collection of quality references. We go ahead and put a fact in there
> irrespective of the contributor, as long as there’s a citable,
> reliable reference to go back to. Students and other users often say
> they’ve checked this or that on Wiki, but Wikipedia should not be
> quoted that way. It’s a start point to any research, not the end
> point,” he says.
>
> Catch it here
> What: Delhi Wikipedia Meetup
> When: June 10
> Timings: 3pm - 6pm
> Entry: Free
> Where: Top floor, G-15, behind Hauz Khas G-Block Mkt (NOT the main
> Hauz Khas market)
> Nearest Metro Station: Hauz Khas on Yellow Line
>
> http://www.hindustantimes.com/StoryPage/Print/867948.aspx

I'm confused here for a moment, so I have to ask- Who is Abhishek
Suryawanshi? I have started and ran the first few Delhi meetups, and never
met or heard of Abhishek.

Is he on the list? or can anyone give me his username? I'm curious. He
mentions Ahmadabad too.

The story is filled with a lot of errors "Wikipedia's Delhi office", the
generalized "Wiki Ambassador".

Regards
Theo