Hi IEP,

I don't understand the involvement of "India programs" in developing
"Simple Wikipedia".

I have never seen Simple Wikipedia coming up in search results or anyone
using it from India. (Please let me know the visitor stats for the project
from India if this could be considered an Indian language Wikipedia.)

It has around 15.2 M page views per month "globally".

To put it in context, Hindi Wikipedia has 6.2 M page views per month. So,
what is the point of spending resources in the name of India programs?
Which Indian is this program going to benefit?

If this is done with an idea of being a safe place to experiment with the
hope of some editors migrating to en and other Indic language Wikipedias:

All the best. Just the Indian tag attached to the education program seems
misplaced !

Ravi

http://stats.wikimedia.org/EN/TablesPageViewsMonthlyCombined.htm