With even OSM map layer being available, who's to tell from where were the
vectors derived? What if one knew, through use of handheld GPS device, the
exact latitude-longitude co-ordinates of the 4 corners of one's school
campus and used that to map one's school on wikimapia? How can Google
convincingly prove then that each and every single spot is derived only and
only from google map imagery and nothing else? What if the google map layer
was only THERE by default but the user didn't give it a crap while mapping
the location? There's quite a lot of google maps's own vectors that are
placed wrong you know... I've corrected a few myself.

Anyways, I don't think this is something worthy of debating. Such
short-sighted rules even if legit by some convoluted logic are quite worthy
of being flushed down the toilet. What's next, will Google say I'm not
allowed to ask travel directions to a place to a roadside paanwaala because
it can claim that each and every direction to any place in the world is
derived from google maps only and so I should consult google maps only to
get to where I want to go? Will it ban me from sharing the location details
of my son's birthday party venue over a event on FB unless I share them
exclusively in the form of a google map link? (Btw, google does not pay
royalty to any of the landmarks it mentions in its directions app... ohh,
major lawsuit!!)

Developed world and our pseudo intellectuals can continue getting cowed
down by fear, but I don't think the developing world is going to give a
damn. If a rule goes against common sense, would you ditch the rule or
ditch your common sense?

Cheers,
Nikhil Sheth
+91-966-583-1250