Sorry, Here is a better readable version after fixing layout.. Arjuna
Communication on Chapter Accomplishments and EC vacancies

Dear Members & Wikimedia India Community,

Greetings from EC.

As we are getting started for this year's AGM and Elections, here is a
summary of the Chapter accomplishments from the time of last AGM and also
update on the EC vacancies.
 Accomplishments since last AGM  Statutory

   - Last AGM was conducted on 24 Sep 2011. All statutory reports were
   filed with Registrar of Societies and Income Tax Department.
   - Chapter applied for FCRA prior permission and obtained the same. This
   gave financial stability to the Chapter with no additional government
   applications required for 3 years.
   - TAN was obtained, which is required for complying with Income Tax when
   making payments to Consultants, any future staff etc.

 Finances

   - Bank accounts for FCRA was set up with SBI
   - Online operation of Bank account was put in place.

 Communication

   - Press page and kit were prepared.
   - Updates and Interaction with members, community, WMF and other
   stakeholders were maintained using various mechanisms.
   - Wikimedia India site is revamped with portal for all Wikimedia India
   sites and Wiki project sites, advanced search facility, which was well
   received.

 Membership

   - Chapter membership reached a high of 197 at the end of Financial year
   2011-12
   - There were 39 renewals and 61 new applications adding up to a total
   current year membership of 100 as of 18 Jul 2012.

 Projects and Events

   - Chapter co-hosted first national WikiConference India 2011 and helped
   in organizing it successfully.
   - Chapter supported over 15 Wiki Academies at colleges and other
   institutions in India from Sep 2011 till March 2012 initiating around 600
   people into Wiki editing
   - Coordinated the conduct of Wiki Academies along with India programs as
   relevant.
   - Kick started Wiki Loves Monuments 2012.
   - Community meetups, Indian Langauge Wiki Anniversary events were
   conducted with help of City/Language SIGs across India.
   - Supported WikiSangamotsav Malayalam Wiki Conf and Wiki Eleven
   Celebrations at several places, Anniversary of Assamese and Kannada
   Wikipedia were some of the prominent events.

 Governance.

   - Chapter had a smooth induction of new EC members, revamped the
   structure and assigned the responsibilities to support further growth.
   - CIS support for using their office as Chapter Address has been
   extended till end of FY 2012-13
   - Consultant, Auditor are appointed and have been offering their
   services for smooth conduct of chapter operations
   - Special Interest group for Language and Cities were created.
   - Special Projects team was formed for GLAM
   - Teams for Administration,Fundraising,Communications were started
   - MoU with Crafts Museum for GLAM project..
   - Policies for conduct of chapter operations, elections, funding have
   been put in place. Wiki is used effectively as the knowledge repository for
   the Chapter operations.

*As you can see from the above, Chapter bootstrapping is completed and it
now ready for the next phase of growth.*
 EC Vacancies

>From the present EC, the following members (in alphabetical order of their
first names) have decided to step down from EC after the upcoming AGM.

   - Arjuna Rao Chavala
   - Arun Ramarathnam
   - Naveen Francis
   - Srinivas Gunta
   - Tinu Cherian

Anirudh Singh Bhati and Sudhanwa Jogalekar will continue on the EC. Further
Anirudh will be continuing till his term ends, i.e Jan 2, 2013.

All the EC members who are stepping down will continue to perform their
roles till a revised EC is put in place following the Elections for EC.

We thank you for your support over the past few years and would request you
to continue the same to grow Wikimedia movement.

Regards

On behalf of Wikimedia Chapter Executive committee

Arjuna Rao Chavala
President