Dear Barry,

Thanks for your contributions. I do recall the many discussions we had about
the India strategy. Wish you good luck for your future endeavours.

Regards,
Sundar

>Sent: Wednesday, August 8, 2012 12:28 AM
>Subject: [Wikimediaindia-l] Fwd: Leaving the Wikimedia Foundation
>

>Cross-posting

>Dear Wikimedia friends and colleagues,
>
>It is bittersweet for me to share with all of you that I will be leaving
the Wikimedia Foundation at the end of August to relocate to Australia for
personal reasons.

>It is difficult for me to leave Wikimedia and particularly leave the
Global Development team, which I’ve had the pleasure of building and
leading over the past two years. I am proud of what we have accomplished in
raising the priority of much of the globe within the Wikimedia
movement, strengthening our mobile strategy and education program,
globalizing communications, and tackling the difficult movement roles
issues that I hope can be put in the past. It hasn’t been easy or
uncontroversial, but I truly believe that we are heading in the right
direction.

>One of the great joys of my work has been the opportunity to travel and
meet many amazing Wikipedians and to share the Wikimedia story with the
world. It is so inspiring to hear first hand how much people love our
projects and the amazing things that so many people do in support of the
movement. This is what helped me survive the many long flights and
jetlag-filled nights.  It was an honour representing the Wikimedia
Foundation and often the Wikimedia movement in so many places.

>I am confident that the Global Development work will thrive with the team in
>place and with all of the dedicated community members who see us as
partners. I look forward to becoming a volunteer member of the movement
and supporting the work in new ways. Sue will share plans for the
transition shortly.