Hi Shrinivasan,

according to a definition in Wikipedia, a Monument  is a type of structure
either explicitly created to commemorate a person or important event or
which has become important to a social group as a part of their remembrance
of historic times or cultural heritage, or simply as an example of historic
architecture.

Roads, nature, scenery, people, shops, people materials does not qualify
for the contest, while heritage monuments like  *Thiruvalluvar Statue,
Gateway of India, India gate, etc **are the few examples of monuments. *

Do ping me for any queries :) Thanks!

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 8:09 PM, Shrinivasan T <tshriniva...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the nice contents.
>
> Need some guidance on what is a Monument?
>
> Shall I take photos of roads, nature, scenary, buildings, statues,
> malls, shops, people, materials, etc?
>
> Please explain in detail in what is accepted as Monument and what is not?
>
> Thanks.

> T.Shrinivasan
>

> My Life with GNU/Linux : http://goinggnu.wordpress.com
> Free/Open Source Jobs : http://fossjobs.in