Hi all,

greeting from Wiki Loves Monuments India core team.

We are happy and please to let you informed that the global photography
contest Wiki Loves Monuments 2012 (WLM) kicks off today, while India
participates along and competes with other 35 nations. On behalf of the
core team and Wikimedia India chapter, we are inviting you to participate
in the month long contest, which runs from *1st of September to 31st of
September*.

   - List of monuments in India is now ready, which qualifies for the
   contest.[1]
   - All the images should be uploaded under a different upload campaign
   created for WLM in India.[2]
   - All the photos participating in the contest must be self taken. Images
   can be old, but should be uploaded before 30th of September.
   - Participants must have their email-id enabled in Wikimedia Commons to
   be eligible for prizes
   - Creativity, natural, and importance to Wikipedia will be given prime
   importance by Jury
   - The default license will be CC-BY-SA 3.0
   - Remember, this is a contest, hence *prizes are to be won*.
   - We also have a Facebook group[3] and a Facebook page[4]

Do participate and share among your friends to make the contest big in
India. It will be our pride, if we showcase our heritage globally, being
very much patriotic :) All the best to all.

   1.
   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_India/Wiki_Loves_Monuments
   2.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:UploadWizard&campaign=wlm-in