From: Sarah Stierch <sarah.stie...@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 6:24 AM
Subject: [Gendergap] Women involved in the founding of chapters/WM
organizations (and other roles in the movement women have played)
To: Increasing female participation in Wikimedia projects <
gender...@lists.wikimedia.org>
Cc: Wikimedia Chapters cultural partners coordination <
cultural-partn...@wikimedia.ch>

 Hi everyone,

I'm putting together a timeline of women's and transwomen's roles in the
movement or subjects on Wikipedia. I'd like to have your input on the
following:

   - Women who have been involved in the founding of a chapter or
   organization related to Wikimedia projects
   - First women of Wikimedia projects - women who played pioneering or
   important roles in Wikimedia projects as say, the first woman.
   - Do you know the first article or content in your project that was
   related to a woman? Or perhaps the first Featured Article in your Wikipedia
   that was a biography about a woman (or the like).

I understand that not all women want to be associated as pertinent figures
in the movement based on gender!

I'd appreciate any insight and media (images released CC BY A or PD
preferably) related to this "history".

Please email me OFFLIST.

sarahstierch at gmail.com

Thanks :)

-Sarah

--
*Sarah Stierch*
*Wikimedia Foundation Community Fellow*
>>Mind the gap! Support Wikipedia women's outreach: donate
>>today<https://donate.wikimedia.org/>
<<

Thanks!

User: Netha Hussain