> I'm not much aware of how the project in Tamil Wikipedia functions. Well,
> INCOTM on en.wiki is something huge. The reason I sent out this mail on
> this mailing list (after getting approval from Ashwin Baindur) was to
> inform the larger community. I feel sad to repeat the same thing again and
> again. Also, my method of working is different from yours. I feel that I
> should not just "handover", but ask everyone if they wish to apply for the
> post. If yes, let the people who are participating in the COTM's vote for
> them. This is how I work and will continue to work in the future, seeking
> everyone's opinion.

This is not how I work or you work. It is about how a wiki should work. I
quoted my experience to provide a context for my mail. Aren't there 100s of
projects / elections running in En Wiki? Does everyone use mailing lists?

> I could have easily called up any of my friends and they would have
> agreed. But someone might be interested as well and would feel bad later on
> not even being asked whether he/she wants to apply.

I am sorry that you didn't get the point yet. Where is the point of feeling
bad when you can do it on-wiki transparently and everyone can see it?
Nomination is a needless procedure but still it is ok if you wanted to
follow a procedure.

This is a regular Wikipedia activity which is best managed within talk
>> pages and project noticeboards. This isn't a photo walk or a Wiki workshop
>> to hope if more people can join us through mailing lists. Even if you go by
>> that logic, if every regional Wikipedia starts mailing this list for
>> coordinating on wiki tasks, then it will be total mess.
>>
>> Look, I'm short of time and sending on this list gives me no pleasure.
> There was a reason and a motive behind this, which I and other members have
> been repeatedly telling you.

May be if I start sending mails about everyday activities in Tamil
Wikipedia, then you will understand the issue. There are many Tamils here
who are not in Tamil Wikipedia. So, may be we too will have a good chance
to find good volunteers :)

 But we are discussing what should be on this list and what should not.

Is discussing that beyond the scope of this list :)

> I leave this conversation, peacefully.

Ditto :)