On 09/30/2012 03:21 PM, Karthik Nadar wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> firstly, I'm happy to inform you all that Wiki Loves Monuments 2012 in
> India had a grand start and had a marvelous end :)
>
> Here's some statistics and updates from India:
>
>    - 16,796 photos uploaded from
> India<http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Images_from_Wiki_Loves_Monuments_2012_in_India>,
>    while India ranked number 7 in number of photos uploaded
>    - 2,230 participants, making India rank number one in number of
>    participants
>    - User:Anupamg <http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Anupamg>,
>
> User:Thamizhpparithi_Maari<http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Thamizhpparithi_Maari>
>    , User:Sthitaprajna <http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Sthitaprajna>
>    ,
> User:Darwinacitizen<http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Darwinacitizen>
>     and User:Vu2sga <http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Vu2sga> are
>    among the top 5 contributors from India. Please, so share some WikiLoves to
>    them for participating in WLM
>    - Prize winners will be declared on or before 29th October
>
> On behalf of Wiki Loves Monuments core members (that's Naveen Francis and
> me), would like to thank all who have helped us to make the contest a
> successful venture in India. A detailed report will be put up after prize
> winners are declared.
>
> Thanks all again!

Congrats and thanks to everyone.

I am very glad that India participated in Wiki Loves Monuments.  In my
personal capacity as a volunteer, I used
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_State_Protected_Monuments_in_Karnataka
to find that a photo of an place I'd visited was needed, and got to
share a holiday snap:

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Bull_statue_on_Chamundesvari_Hill_in_Mysore.jpg

It was a wonderful feeling to get to contribute something useful to
Commons; thanks to WLM organizers and participants for setting up and
maintaining the "here's what we need" lists and help pages!

--
Sumana Harihareswara
Engineering Community Manager