Hey,

In Gujarat I can assure you nothing this *drastic* or *unfortunate*
situation is there, in some villages in Gujarat there are regular power
cuts.

In Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities once in a week for about 3-5 hours power cut
(fix timing though).

I don't remember when was the last power cut in Ahmedabad.

On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 1:53 AM, Ravishankar <ravidre...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Since 2009, most of Tamilnadu is facing a power crisis. It started with
> few hours of power cut. For the last few months, it has gone up to *18 to
> 20 hours of unscheduled power cut every single day. *Only Chennai city is
> exempted with a 2 hour power cut. Government is not sure when the crisis
> will be resolved. It could be next year or it could take few more years.
>
> What this means for the growth of Wikimedia expansion in Tamilnadu?
>
> Every single contributor in Tamilnadu that  I talk to are *unable to
> contribute to their full capacity* because of the power cuts. I fear that
> this may be a *bigger concern in attracting new contributors*. When there
> is only few hours of power left, other major concerns like work and study
> will be given priority. There won't be much time for hobbies and forget
> geeky activities like Wikipedia editing. This is a *major blow* given the
> fact that computer and internet usage was increasing in the last few years.
>
> How is the power situation in other states?
>
> Ravi

Thanks
Arnav (ricku).
(User:Rangilo_Gujarati) <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Rangilo_Gujarati>