My best wishes to the new team to meet the challenges and the totally
changed environment. May you have great success in all that you do. Stay
straight & true. Be wise. Be frugal. And most of all, lets still be a
community of friends when your time is done.

Ashwin Baindur
Your friendly neighbourhood Wikipedian (now in Kolkata)

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 6:48 PM, Arjuna Rao Chavala <arjunar...@gmail.com>wrote:

>> Dear Members and Community,
>>
>> At the outset, on behalf of Wikimedia India Executive Committee for
>> 2011-12, I would like to thank you all for the support for the Chapter
>> during the past year, as we strived hard to complete the boot strapping
>> phase of the Chapter. I am glad to report that the boot strapping phase is
>> now complete, as the Chapter is financially healthy, staffed and has
>> conducted AGM and Elections for EC vacancies successfully, apart from
>> spearheading Wiki Academy events and partnerships with various
>> stakeholders. I would like to place on record my thanks to all co-founders
>> and EC team members,volunteers from members and community, Achal, Bishakha,
>> WMF staff,WMF board members, Manuel Schneider and partners and consultants
>> for all the contributions and support towards reaching this important
>> milestone.
>>
>> Recently we had inducted the newly elected EC members with an EC
>> induction program at Bangalore. As part of it, we have completed the office
>> bearer elections for the 2012-13. I would like to introduce the new team
>> that has taken charge.
>>

>>  Sudhanwa Jogalekar
>> [image: Sudhanwa Jogalekar] <http://wiki.wikimedia.in/File:Sudhanwa1.JPG>
>>
>> Sudhanwa Jogalekar is an IT professional with expertise in Information
>> security, system administration, IT infrastructure management etc with over
>> 27 years experience in the industry. He is an Electrical Engineer from
>> College Of Engineering, Pune with 2 additional management degrees and a
>> professional certification of ISO 27001 Lead Auditor. He has done many
>> projects for corporates, SMEs and Academic Institutions for IT
>> infrastructure, Information Security, E-learning etc.
>>
>> He is a well known FOSS evangelist in India and has been promoting FOSS
>> for the last 13 years. He has been co-ordinating PLUG (Pune GNU/Linux Users
>> Group) for many years and conducting workshops, seminars, trainings
>> in/around Pune and other places across India. He has contributed to Indic
>> computing activities (Marathi/Devanagari). He has released a Marathi font
>> family for free.
>>
>> He is active on various technical and non-technical groups and helped
>> promote Wikimedia projects. He has organised a complete track on Wikipedia
>> activites in GNUNIFY 2011. Apart from organising various events and
>> activities related to Wikimedia(like launch of Marathi Wikisource,
>> participating in CMDA expo etc.), he also co-ordinates regular meetups of
>> Wikipedians in Pune (WikiPuneri).
>>
>> Being a photographer he is involved with various photographers groups and
>> is active in Photographic society of Pune.
>>
>> He is elected to the Executive Committee in September 2011 and served as
>> Chair of City/Language SIGs till Oct 2012. He is elected as *President*in
>> Oct 2012.
>>
>>    - More details available on his website http://www.sudhanwa.com
>>    - Email: sudhanwa [at] wikimedia.in
> [...]

Warm regards,