Arjuna, you have a very valid point there.
I urge all women to consider a Women's SIG.

On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 4:17 PM, Arjuna Rao Chavala <arjunar...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks Krutikaa  for a comprehensive report. I am happy to hear about the
> large participation and nice outcomes. Congratulations to all organisers
> and thanks to all participants for making it a successful event.
>
> There was discussion some time back about formation of Women Special
> Interest Group (SIG) of India Chapter. I encourage the participants to
> discuss the same and  follow up with the Chapter as required.
>
> Cheers
> Arjuna
>

> On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 4:05 PM, Krutikaa Jawanjal <krutika...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> A Day Spent well.
>>
>> The Wikipedia Women Workshop which took place on November, 4th 2012 in
>> Vidyalankar Institute of Technology (VIT), Wadala was indeed a
>> success.
>>
>> The people who volunteered in organizing this workshop were Bishakha
>> Datta, Moksh Juneja, Karthik Nadar, Pranav Curumsey, Pradeep Mohandas,
>> Anshuman Fotedar, Aditi Juneja, Harriet Vidyasagar, Nikita Belavate,
>> Netra Parikh, Noopur Raval, Netha Hussain.  All discussions and
>> planning done while organizing this workshop for women paid off. In
>> all, 70+ women participants attended the workshop.
>>
>> The workshop started with a short introduction after which, wasting no
>> time, the women participants moved on to learning how to edit
>> Wikipedia which was though by the present on ground volunteers. The
>> participants were were divided in groups and every group had to create
>> a new article which wasn't already available on Wikipedia. In the
>> process, women interacted with the volunteers, asked question
>> regarding Wikipedia. Every group at least had added introduction to
>> the new article.
>>
>> Having done with the basic editing, a general presentation on
>> Wikipedia was given by some of the volunteers. This was followed by
>> question and answers regarding the same. By this time, it was already
>> 1.30pm, so the lunch was announced. After having lunch, the
>> participants got back to their seats. Pretty much everybody stayed
>> back post lunch. Moksh continued with teaching how to edit Wikipedia.
>> This time it wasn't it in groups though. "References" and "Notability"
>> were the main topics that were covered in this session.
>>
>> Anshuman and Karthik then proceeded  with teaching photo uploads on
>> Wikipedia. Quiz was conducted towards the end and Wikipedia-Tshirts
>> were given as prizes for giving right answers. Karthik, then also
>> showcased the winning images of Wiki Loves Momunents 2012 India. The
>> long day came to an end with an overwhelming response and a call for
>> organizing many such activities. The feedback received was positive.
>> The participants enjoyed the workshop.
>>
>> We are thankful to everybody who made this event a great one. Thanks
>> to all the volunteers. Special thanks to Moksh and Karthik who went
>> out of the way to get everything arranged before hand at the venue, to
>> Netha and Noopur for making it to the workshop and for working hand in
> [...]

Regards,
Srikanth Ramakrishnan.

Sign this petition to introduce Volvo buses in Coimbatore city:
https://www.change.org/en-IN/petitions/the-transport-minister-tamil-nadu-introduction-of-volvo-city-buses-in-the-city-of-coimbatore