Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 23:24:38 +0530
From: de10...@gmail.com
To: wikimediaindia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
Subject: Re: [Wikimediaindia-l] Wiki Loves Monuments Winners from India

On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 10:19 PM, Karthik Nadar <karthik...@wikimedia.in> wrote:

Momentum would always be there. Indian community should start some project,
which then the world to follows us. That achievement would be very proud-ful :)

Agreed. Why don't you or someone in the new class of 2012 take up that
initiative? Pick an area of interest - Bollywood, Indian music, Cricket, Food,
Fashion, anything really, and create some project around it. Build a catalog of
Indian movies, songs, find or upload old music in public domain, century old
pictures of India (you won't believe how many are just lying around). There is
a dearth of India related media and information on commons and Wikipedia.

I'll help you set up everything else, help with things like pages on Meta,
centralnotice, grant, promotion, I'll help in any way I can, and when I can't,
I'll try and find you someone who can. Don't worry about the 'how' of it, just
do what you like.

This offer isn't limited to anyone, it's extended to anyone else reading this.
Pick whatever interests you, and start something!
RegardsTheo