Amir,
I was merely told by someone. I was told that both words were derogatory
[at the same time, hence I mentioned both].
If you wish to discuss this further, we can take it offlist.

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 11:19 PM, Amir E. Aharoni <
amir.ahar...@mail.huji.ac.il> wrote:

> 2012/11/13 Srikanth Ramakrishnan <srik.r...@wikimedia.in>:
> > P.S: I've been told that the words 'Indic' and 'Vernacular' are
> derogatory.
>
> Citation needed. I hope not to derail this thread, but AFAIK there's
> nothing derogatory in these words. I don't even know why do you
> mention "vernacular", which didn't appear in the email. Correct me if
> I'm missing anything.

> http://aharoni.wordpress.com
> ‪“We're living in pieces,
> I want to live in peace.” – T. Moore‬

Srikanth Ramakrishnan.

Sign this petition to introduce Volvo buses in Coimbatore city:
https://www.change.org/en-IN/petitions/the-transport-minister-tamil-nadu-introduction-of-volvo-city-buses-in-the-city-of-coimbatore