On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 2:58 PM, Anirudh Bhati <anirudh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 4:12 PM, Amir E. Aharoni
> <amir.ahar...@mail.huji.ac.il> wrote:
>>
>> Again: Let's not make up controversy.
>

> No one is trying to rake up a controversy.  This is a polite discussion, at
> least on my part, so I will appreciate if you do not allude otherwise.
>
> I have presented an authoritative academic source, and in contrast you have
> relied on a document that provides technical description of the Unicode
> standard.

If you need an academic sources , there are plenty in print formats

Language in South Asia
    Edited by: Braj B. Kachru, University of Illinois, Chicago
    Edited by: Yamuna Kachru, University of Illinois, Chicago
    Edited by: S. N. Sridhar, State University of New York, Stony Brook

http://www.cambridge.org/gb/knowledge/isbn/item1166851/?site_locale=en_GB

The Indic Scripts: Palaeographic and Linguistic Perspectives
by P. G. Patel, Pramod Pandey, Dilip Rajgor
Publisher: D.K. Printworld (P) Ltd. (2007)
http://www.flipkart.com/indic-scripts-8124604061/p/itmdytjkzepcxuzq?pid=9788124604069

You can find extracts through google book search, if needed

~ Regards
Anivar