On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 9:21 PM, Theo10011 <de10...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Heh, I didn't know you became a cultural authority on what words were wrong,
> from the last few visit(s) to India. :P Anyway, It would be any linguist's
> folly to presume the cultural context of words, without knowing the culture
> and what precedes the word. I suppose this should give Anirudh the same
> authority to instruct what words are wrong in context of your homeland,
> incognizant of any political undertones and cultural issues?

Ignoring the somewhat ad hominem nature of the argument, you do
realize that "Indic" is something that is used at the Unicode
Consortium to denote the group of Indo-European languages comprising
Sanskrit and the modern Indian languages that are its descendants.

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<https://twitter.com/#!/sankarshan>