Hi Vickram,

There are many Govt Channels like DD-Gyan or IGNOU, which showcase similar
projects.

I agree with you, project is having huge potential (with proper execution)
, and can be useful in rural India.
We can distribute CD or DVD to ministry n it can be channelized.

Another thing which we can do is - circulate articles through cell phone
operators. So say people can send SMS by typing Dengue to xyz number, n
they will receive article (similar to ringtone download).

We have added few sample of Spoken File (intentionally in sections) after
our todays workshop, Please have a look -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_Club_Pune/Spoken_Wikipedia_Workshops#List_of_Languages_with_Volunteers

Before taking any bigger step, its better to have a trial in pilot project.
We are planning to run small pilot project in different pasts of India.
(Smaller stations in two tier cities in north and south India.)

Interestingly, many people from same background have shown interest in
helping us.
We are planning to have brainstorming session with potential partners
during Wikipedia Summit India 2013!

Do let us know what you think about having telecom supporters n local radio
channels.

Keep Supporting, Keep Inspiring!

Best Regards,

Abhishek Suryawanshi,