Hi all,

> We are doing a small MediaWiki hackathon at 8 pm today. Harsh Kothari will
> be conducting the hackathon, whereby he will be teaching the participants
> some basics of MediaWiki and the ways to contribute to it. Interested
> folks, see you at 8 pm :-)

Unfortunately, we could not have a G+ hangout/Skype/TeamViewer as there
were connectivity problems at my end. However, the hackathon started at 9
pm and we chose Google Docs for interaction purpose and spoke over the
phone as well whenever needed.

Harsh taught me how to make UserScripts using the API Sandbox. We made a
userscript to calculate the edit count of the user. He also informed me
about the JS console, the Resource loader, MediaWIki API, grab data from
query etc. We finished this in about 80 minutes time.

It was a nice experience and I made my first UserScript that can calculate
user’s editcount.

If anyone wants to get started with MediaWiki or have any doubt, they can
contact either Harsh or me.

Thank you Harsh for your time! :-)

--
Warm Regards,