Dear Srikanth,

It different than asset concept. Its about making process cashless.
For example, Chapter needs xyz amount to manage Travel (For Board
meetings,attending events etc),

This can be zeroed down by having 'in-kind' Airline or
Travel/Hospitality partner.
i.e instead of providing money to they will offer service/tickets
directly, and this gives them tax exemption under
Corporate Social Responsibility
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_of_corporate_social_responsibility_in_India)

By providing cashless service - In return they get branding and
exemption from Government of India.

For company - its easy to provide service as compared to money, If
they provide money - then they have to pay tax.

So could you please provide Chapters requirements for next one year?
So we can find donors easily?
What are Chapters plans after receiving donations? If this is crystal
clear - then its easy to attract more

corporates and individuals to donate.

This is real glitch - There is separate WMF Fundraiser every year,
where Jimmy Wales makes appeal for donation.
People might get confused, Many Indians donate directly to WMF. Is it
fair to ask them to do same again?

>From third person, it looks like - WMF runs donation campaign, then
asks regional chapters to raise money
on their own instead of supporting them. Is there any kind of
rejection from WMF to support Chapter activities

financially? or Chapters proposed budget is beyond WMF approval?

Already we have few volunteers to spread Wikimedia mission in India.
Instead of spending volunteers precious energy on raising donations,
Its better to devote same energy to fulfill Wikimedia mission?

Just curiosity question : Before announcement - Was there any public
discussion about having 'separate' donation campaign?
Who proposed and approved idea?

Clarification about Chapters expected budget and 'exact' financial
requirements will enable easy donations.

Regards,

Abhishek Suryawanshi,

On Behalf of Wikipedia Club Pune

*On 2/7/13, Srikanth Ramakrishnan* < srik.ramk at wikimedia.in
<wikimediaindia-l%40lists.wikimedia.org?Subject=Re%3A%20%5BWikimediaindia-l%5D%20Wikimedia%20India%20needs%20your%20support%3A%20Our%0A%09First%20Fundraiser&In-Reply-To=%3CCAKZFZLvZcF12UFJxgut5K9Tw5x%3DV_CG5bqdQ_KzUMTbtpPkjfA%40mail.gmail.com%3E>
> wrote :

Hello Abhishek, thank you for your suggestion. The 'in-kind' donation
idea, while good actually has a small glitch. Anything that comes to
the Chapter would be considered an asset and be kept in a certain
place physically. Moving it out to a different place becomes a
problem. Anyway, thanks for the suggestion. Do spread the word about
our fundraiser though.

On 2/7/13, Abhishek Suryawanshi <i.abhishek.suryawanshi at gmail.com

--
Srikanth Ramakrishnan