Dear Pradeep,

If I may come-in on this.

*From: * Pradeep Mohandas <prad2...@yahoo.com>;

I assume you are asking about the rational behind hiring Dr. Tejaswini
Niranjana as a Consultant Adviser to the A2K team. As many of you on the
list may not know, Tejaswini was one of the potential applicants for the
position the Programme Director, Access to Knowledge. She had even made it
to the short-list of candidates who were interviewed. In fact her interview
happened the same day as mine at CIS. However, the interview panel felt
that she is too senior and over qualified for the position, but wanted to
keep her associated with the Wiki-movement in India. Then the interview
panel suggested that we look at taking her as an Consultant Adviser. CIS
(i.e. Sunil) went back to the WMF about this recommendation by the
interview panel and the WMF accepted it, as uniformly it was felt that she
would add tremendous value to the Wiki-movement in India.

I personally think that Tejaswini brings with her wealth of experience and
professional expertise of working in the sector of Indian Languages in
Higher Education. In addition to this she has multiple research
institutional contacts and networks, which will potentially add value to
the Indian Language Wikipedias and contribute to the expansion of editors
and content. I was told that she has already played an instrumental role in
facilitating two outreach workshops to researchers and college students in
Mumbai and Ahmadnagar, to which some of our Wikipedians friends have gone.
I think we should all concur with the strategic decision taken by the
interview panel, which I am quite sure will benefit us and the movement.
You can find her brief profile
here<http://cis-india.org/about/people/distinguished-fellows>
.

Please join me in welcoming Dr. Tejaswini Niranjana to the Wiki-movement in
India. I have taken the liberty to coy her on this mail.

Best regards,
Vishnu