Abhijith,

I'm sorry. I was under the impression that someone else had already
posted about new grant opportunities to this list back when the IEG
opened for applications; it did get announced in the monthly WMF blog
post, wikimedia-l, the Wikipedia Signpost, and similar places.  So I
must have filed something in the wrong place in my memory.  :(  I apologize.

So let me spread the word now about some other upcoming deadlines:

The scholarship deadline for Wikimania 2013 (Hong Kong, 7-11 August) is
in one week: 22 February 2013 23:59 UTC
<https://wikimania2013.wikimedia.org/wiki/Scholarships>.  The talk
proposal deadline is 30 April
<https://wikimania2013.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions>.

I also want to draw your attention to Open Source Bridge, Allied Media
Conference, and the Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing.
These are conferences that are interested in empowering everyone, using
technology, and have a focus on diversity and social justice.  If you
lead a session at one of these conferences, you are eligible to apply
for Wikimedia Foundation's Participation Support subsidies for travel
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Participation:Support>.  Last year, the
open source and Wikipedia sessions at Grace Hopper and Open Source
Bridge were very well-attended.

Allied Media Conference: 20-23 June, Detroit, Michigan, USA. Call for
proposals deadline: 8 March.
http://alliedmedia.org/news/2013/02/01/its-time-propose-session-amc2013-ready-steady-go

Open Source Bridge: 18-21 June, Portland, Oregon, USA.  Call for
proposals deadline: 9 March.
http://opensourcebridge.org/blog/2013/01/2013-call-for-proposals-now-open/

Grace Hopper: 2-5 October, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA.  Call for
proposals deadline: 15 March.
http://gracehopper.org/2013/participate/call-for-participation/

Go ahead and submit stuff!  And remember, it's okay to submit multiple
proposals per conference.

MediaWiki is going to apply to participate in Google Summer of Code
again this year as a mentoring organization.  Students aiming to
participate should look at this timeline:
https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/events/google/gsoc2013 and remember
that their applications will be due on 3 May.  In GSoC, college and
graduate students work on open source projects remotely, mentored by
skilled developers.  Students who successfully complete the program
receive USD5000 in total.

And finally, if you're interested in attending AdaCamp in San Francisco
8-9 June 2013 (to work on supporting women in open technology and open
culture), please fill out
http://adainitiative.org/2013/01/interested-in-attending-an-adacamp-in-san-francisco/
and indicate whether you would need travel assistance. "...this is not a
full application to attend AdaCamp San Francisco, just a way to gauge
interest. We will contact you with application details when applications
open."

Please feel free to forward!

--
Sumana Harihareswara