hi,

Today, we had the Mumbai event of Creative Commons. They are in India in
February visiting Pune, Mumbai, New Delhi and Bangalore.

We had a turnout of about 30-40 people today in Mumbai. We met at the Victor
Menzes Conference Center at IIT-Bombay.

We began with a brief on Creative Commons in India, a brief idea on the various
Creative Commons license and why to use it.

We covered extensive ground especially on areas that the Creative Commons is
now being applied in - Culture, Education, Government and Science.

All in all, a good day with many Wikipedians in Mumbai turning up. Thank you
for coming.

Our thanks to Prof. Shishir Jha of IIT-Bombay for help with getting the venue.
We'd like to thank Jessica Coates and Jane Hornibrook of Creative Commons for
spending time talking to us. They also expressed hope that they would be able
to revive CC-India and an associated mailing list.

warm regards,
Pradeep Mohandas

Pradeep Mohandas
How Pradeep uses email? - http://goo.gl/6v1I9