Dear Adethya,

Adding James to the conversation because he can
explain this better. Also, here is an open call that James did send out
for jury volunteers on 10th February
:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/wiki/wikimania/333694?do=post_view_threaded#333694

As for me, I could tell you how I came on board. I was approached by
Deror Avi from Israel and his rationale was to have a wider
representation (people from Asia, women, some experience with organizing
events). I hope that answers your question :)

Best,

Noopur

On Mon,
18 Feb 2013 10:13:46 +0530, Adethya Sudarsanan wrote:

> Hey Noopur,
>

> Can anyone be a part of the jury? is the call still open? Jus
curious.

> -Ade. S
>
> On 18 February 2013 10:07, Noopur wrote:
>

>> Dear all,
>> FYI. The jury list is out. Achal, Konarak and I are a
part of it. There are only two bids so far. Arusha and London.

Thanks
>> Noopur
>>
>> Begin forwarded message:
>>
>>> FROM: James
Forrester
>>> DATE: February 18, 2013, 5:14:09 AM GMT+05:30
>>> TO:
"wikimedi...@lists.wikimedia.org [2]"
>>> SUBJECT: [WIKIMEDIA-L] FWD:
ANNOUNCEMENT OF WIKIMANIA 2014 JURY
>>> REPLY-TO: Wikimedia Mailing
List

>>> All,
>>>
>>> For info.
>>>
>>> Yours,
>>>
>>> James.

[Please note that I send this purely as a volunteer, and in no

connexion to the Wikimedia Foundation.]

>>> Dear all,

write to announce the Jury to select which bid will be chosen to

host Wikimania in 2014.

>>> The twelve members will be:
>>>
>>> *
Deror Avi - [[User:Deror avi]] from Israel (Wikimania 2011 General
Manager)
>>> * Philippe Beaudette - [[User:Philippe (WMF)]] from the US
(Wikimedia
>>> Foundation Director, Community Advocacy)
>>> * Jeromy-Yu
Chan - [[User:Yuyu]] from HK (Wikimania 2013 Co-ordinator-in-Chief)

* Shujen Chang - [[User:Shujenchang]] from HK
>>> * Florence Devouard -
[[User:Anthere]] from France
>>> * Orsolya Gyenes -
[[User:OrsolyaVirág]] from Hungary (Wikimania 2012
>>> Deputy Program
Chair)
>>> * James Hare - [[User:Harej]] from the US (Wikimania 2012
Co-chair)
>>> * Achal Prabhala - [[User:Aprabhala]] from India -
Wikimedia Advisory
>>> Board member
>>> * Konarak Ratnakar -
[[User:Kondicherry]] from India
>>> * Noopur Raval - [[User:Noopur28]]
from India
>>> * Manuel Schneider - [[User:80686]] from Austria
(Wikimedia
>>> Österreich; perpetual Wikimania organiser)
>>> *
[[User:Whiteghost.ink]] from Australia

>>> Jan-Bart de Vreede and
Sam Klein (of the Wikimedia Foundation Board)
>>> will also be part of
the Jury, as normal.

>>> I and Phoebe Ayers - [[User:Phoebe]] -
will be serving as moderators,
>>> neutral aides for the Jury who do not
vote.

>>> To re-iterate what we've said before, it would be lovely
if this was
>>> the last year we used this process, and that for 2015
onwards we could
>>> create a new, community-led and more open and
transparent process.
>>> Some earlier discussions took place at
[[m:Talk:Wikimania Advisory
>>> Group]]. Please feel free to give your
thoughts there.

>>> As a reminder, bids have two weeks (until 23:59
UTC on 3 March 2013)
>>> until bidding creation closes. All cities which
intend to run for the
>>> bidding process should have created a page on
meta and entered the
>>> official list by this point.
>>>
>>> Thank
you, and good luck to all Bids.

>>> Yours,
>>> --
>>> James D.
Forrester
>>> jdforres...@gmail.com [7]

[[Wikipedia:User:Jdforrester|James F.]] (speaking purely in a personal
capacity)

>>> --
>>> James D. Forrester
>>> jdforres...@gmail.com
[8]
>>> [[Wikipedia:User:Jdforrester|James F.]] (speaking purely in a
personal capacity)

Links:
------
[1] mailto:jdforres...@gmail.com