Dear Karthik,

Thank you for this and for your regular updates on chapter activity, though I wish it had been unnecessary to issue this particular clarification - whether individual or institutional, working with the Wikimedia India chapter is not some kind of conspiracy - it's what all of us should be doing more of.

Dear Abhishek and others writing in the same vein,

The chapter consists of enthusiastic volunteers who are doing their best to make things work under strict financial laws, very little money, one part-time employee who is generous with his time and skills, and too little outside help. Please leave them be. Constant accusations of conspiracy are tiring - God knows we have enough of them here already - and it makes it very hard to engage this list seriously.

best,
Achal